Built in the years 1891 to 1909, the “Le P’tit Train du Nord” railway connected Saint-Jérôme and Mont-Laurier. For nearly a century, it will play a key role in the development of the region.
Over the years, thousands of tourists got on board “Le P’tit Train du Nord” to travel to the many resorts in the Laurentians.
On November 15, 1981, “Le P’tit Train du Nord” made its last passenger trip. Fifteen years later, (1996) the Parc Linéaire du P’tit Train du Nord was inaugurated.
On October 22, 2017, the Park hosted the very first edition of the Marathon P’tit Train du Nord.